Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just Some Random Thoughts on Life and Praise to My Amazing God

Wow. I am so bad at this blog thing. but I am going to make a commitment to post something at least once a week this semester. And if I don't, I well... fail at life. or at least blogging. :)

So what's on my mind right now? Change. Not like the spare coins in your pocket, but changes in my friends, my family, my life.
The most obvious change is that Mike's going to college. It didn't really hit me until a couple of days ago. Not being a terribly emotional person, I didn't think it would be so hard or even different, but BOY WILL IT! He's actually going to be gone. Not here. At ALL. He's going to be in Wisconsin. We're going up to northland and coming back without him. That is going to be one very long and boring car ride. His room will sit empty. He wont be here to make fun of me and drive me places and do all those 'older brother' things that he does so well. I actually have to grow up. I'm the oldest kid at home now. How weird is that?

Along those lines, I'm also going to Juco this year. BIG CHANGE. You're talking to the true home-learned home-schooled girl whose only classroom experience is Southland. And that barely counts :) Not only am I going to a real school, it's a public school. And not only is it a real public school, it's a college. YIKES. I am a little bit afraid. Especially since SCHOOL STARTS IN 3 days!!! I can't believe summer is... dare I even say... OVER??!?!?! Where did it go?

Well, the biggest, most unexpected change (even to me) is ballet. Or lack of ballet, that is. yep, you got it right, I'm not dancing this year. For reals. No it's not because of my ankle, or teachers, or anything like that. God really spoke to me this summer about how I am spending my time, and what really matters for eternity... In a nutshell, not ballet. So I am not returning to my beloved KCBS. Don't get me wrong, I still love ballet dearly and this has really been one of the hardest things I've had to do... ever. So I would appreciate your prayers on that.

But I plan on filling all the extra time I have to serve God, preparing myself for a life of full-time ministry that I know God has planned for me, whatever that may be. I am open to anything, missions, pastor's wife, counselor... I don't know for sure right now, but I am so excited to see how God reveals his plan for my life in the future.

I don't know who is reading this, but if you are, thanks. I appreciate it. And I hope even just one thing you read is encouraging :) I am so thankful for you guys, God has blessed me with the most AMAZING friends that I definitely DO NOT deserve in any way, shape or form. I am so thankful for my older, more mature friends who are an example to me of what it is to live a Christ-centered life, the friends my age who are going through the same struggles as me, who are a great encouragement and help to me. I am so thankful for my younger friends who continually challenge me and my walk with Christ, and who provide an awesome opportunity for me to learn how to be a leader and a true friend.

God, thank You for EVERYTHING. i do not deserve anything you give me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment