Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can you tell that I'm really busy?

Well hello again! Yes, I know it has been two month since my last post. Life just caught up to me, and I suddenly realized that I didn't have time to keep up with this blog!! But these past few snowdays have given me ample time to do anything I want to do, so here goes.

*WARNING* this post might be extra long cause who knows when I'll have time to do this again.

Well. Where to start? So much has been going on in my life. Almost too much for me to handle, but I know it's all in God's plan and I know He wont give me more than I can handle.

I guess a good place to start is my devotions. I started reading through the Bible a couple months ago and I have reached Genesis 36. (y\Yes, I know I'm a slow reader, but there is just so much packed into this book!) Chapter 36 is a genealogy of all Esau's children and grandchildren. To be perfectly honest, I almost skipped reading this chapter cause I thought "A genealogy? How am I supposed to learn anything from a genealogy?" But I decided to go ahead and read it cause I wanted to read through the *whole* Bible and didn't want to skip anything.

I am SO glad I didn't skip it.

So I started out reading it, and was amazing at the number of names listed! There are more than 40 names listed! WOW! That is a lot of kids!! Then I started to think about all of Jacob's kids. He had *12* boys who had kids of their own eventually. That's 52+ people now.

Why does this amaze me, you may ask. It amazes me because of God's promise to Abraham. God promised that Abraham would be the Father of a Great Nation. But how? Abraham had no children. God graciously provided a son to Abraham, but still, that was only *one*. But as I read in Genesis 36, Abraham's grandsons Jacob and Esau added 52 people! That is the start of a Great Nation.

But I questioned myself, Would I have the faith of Abraham? Would I trust that God would make a Great Nation from just one person? I don't think I would. Even after Isaac was born, it would still be pretty hard to believe that a Great Nation could come from that baby. He was just one person too. But the important thing is that God DID keep His promise, and I know that He always will.

So many times in my life I don't trust that God can do the impossible. To be specific, right now I am having a rough time believing that God could save my friends that I dance with. The way I see them, is as a teen that care less about church or God. But the way God sees them is as a lost person that His Son died for. I can trust in God knowing that He already knows whether they are going to get saved or not. He has already predestined them. Yet, I still find myself doubting His infinite power.

Wow. I have ramble on and on and ON! If you are still reading this, you are a trooper! Thank you for your time. I had actually planned to write about several other topics, but I think I will save that for a later time.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment