Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Time is Now

Hey out there in computer land! I am glad that you are spending your valuable time reading this when there are so many other thing you could be doing. I know my blog's not perfect, and I am definitely not the best writer, but I am thankful for your support.

As I was preparing this blog, I was searching for a suitable web address and blog title. The web address was easy. All I had to do was start singing one of my favorite songs, Times, by Tenth Avenue North. (If you've never heard this song, you need to go listen to it now. It's incredible.) The first line of the chorus says it all, "I hear you say My love is over, it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between..." The chorus goes on to list basically every area of the Christian life, every thought process, feeling, and time of trial that we go through as Christians. And then, "My love is over, it's underneath" sums it all up. No matter where we are or what we are going through, God's love completely envelops us. I love the word envelop. Yes, I know it's weird of me to 'like' words. But there are just certain words that express exactly what I'm feeling and give a mental picture of what the word means. Envelop is one of those words. The dictionary definition is "To surround entirely. To enfold, cover, hide or conceal" God's love envelops us at all times. We are hidden in the vast blanket of His love. How awesome is that! I still cannot fathom why the Infinite God chooses to love me, a finite creature. I also love the words infinite and finite. They are complete opposites. Infinite- too big to measure. Finite- easily contained. God- unbounded and limitless. Me- restricted and confined. So why would a perfect unmeasurable God love such a small creature like me? I may never understand this, but I know I am thankful for it. And that is the long story as to how this blog got its web address.

And now onto the title. When I was trying to think of some good title ideas, I went to my best friend Kalena's facebook profile. She is constantly uplifting the facebook world with her status's, so I decided to look through them and find some inspiration. I found several ideas that could work, but nothing was really jumping out to me. But then, I came across the simple phrase, "The Time is Now". I was taken aback, and had to re-read it several times. Those four simple words pretty much sum up what I've been going through lately. I know what God wants me to do (It's pretty obvious- He wrote me a whole book about what I'm supposed to do. Yes, that's right, the Bible), and I just need to buckle down and DO it. It's not enough just to know. I need to ACT. It's not enough to know that I should witness to my unsaved friends. I need to DO it. It's not enough to be convicted (aka CAMP) about my devotions, I need to DO them. Are you getting the picture? I tried to make it obvious by capitalizing the word "do". The time is now, not later. Guys, let's go DO. There are so many thoughts and ideas I have and want to do, but remember, knowing is not enough. I need to DO. Ultimately, that is why I started this blog. I knew that it would be a good idea, but it took me a long time (and a school assignment) to actually DO it. And that is what this blog is all about. DOING. Actively bringing God the glory He deserves.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment